Employment Partnerships Program
The following Alberta organizations are eligible to apply:
- Tribal Councils, First Nations, Metis Settlements, Aboriginal serving organizations and registered non-profit organizations;
- corporate entities in good standing; and
- applicants in compliance with the terms and conditions of any previous Aboriginal Relations funding.
Activities eligible for funding
Projects will be assessed on how they contribute to one or more of the following EPP priorities:
- promote employment opportunities to Aboriginal people;
- develop strategies to employ and retain Aboriginal workers; or
- labour market and workforce planning activities.
- Grant applications are accepted throughout the year and are subject to approval based on available funds.
- Applications must be submitted a minimum of 2 months prior to the start of the project, to allow time for processing. The evaluation process may take up to 10 weeks, depending on the number of submissions received.
- There is no minimum or maximum amount of funding. The grant amount will be based on the availability of funding, alignment to EPP priorities, and ability of partners to make financial and/or in kind contributions. An in-kind contribution is a quantifiable contribution made by the applicant or its partners that are considered necessary to the project and are being donated.
How to apply
Submit a grant application form with an attached detailed project proposal.
Grant applications can be submitted by fax: 1-780-427-4019 or by mail to: Alberta Indigenous Relations, Attention “Aboriginal Initiatives”, 19th Floor, Commerce Place, 10155 – 102 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4G8.
We can accept emailed or faxed application to initiate the review process, however we require applicants to provide the original, signed applications by mail or in person.
Applicants will be notified within 8 weeks of receiving a completed grant application.
Call the Employment Partnerships Program at 1-780-427-8407. To call toll-free from anywhere in Alberta, dial 310-0000 then the number. Office hour are from Monday to Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Mountain Time).
Aboriginal Skills Employment and Training Strategy Holders (ASETS)
Alberta Learning and Information System
Labour Market Information
Connecting The Dots:
Government response to Connecting the Dots: